UPDATED 9/15/11 – Unfortunately, we had to cancel the upcoming scheduled Blogging 101 with WordPress class BUT we will be offering it again in the near future. Anyone who is interested in this class please send us an email to email@example.com (please include your name and phone number) and we will notify you when it becomes available again.
UPDATED 9/7/11 – The class name was officially changed to Blogging 101 with WordPress. There were also minor tweaks to the objectives for both parts.
The Julia Boyer Reinstein Public Computer Center (PCC) is offering a new class – Blogging 101 with WordPress. This is your chance to learn how to create your very own online blog whether for personal or professional reasons. In this class, you will be using WordPress.com to design your blog - the same tool that we use for the PCC website.
This will be our first class geared toward the more advanced computer user. Please note this will be a two part class and it is scheduled for Sept. 29th and Oct. 6th at 6pm-8pm. Registration is required and opens on Sept. 7th for this class. Please call us (716-668-4991 Ext. 14) or stop into the library to register.
Here’s what we will be covering in class…
- Decide what topic(s) you want to blog about and a title for your blog
- Register an account with WordPress.com
- Learn how to edit your WordPress profile
- Get acquainted with the WordPress.com dashboard
- Create your first blog post
- Understand the use of tags in WordPress
- Add hyperlinks, images, and videos to your blog posts
- Add an about page to your blog
- Learn how to chose a theme and customize it for your blog
- Explore more customizations to your blog with widgets
- Learn how to promote your blog and create a following with WordPress.com’s built in tools
- Learn how to deal with blog spam and control disruptive people who may comment on your blog
- Install the WordPress mobile app on your smartphone *optional
Any questions, suggestions, or comments in regards to the WordPress class please post them below.